Burlington: Ashgate, 2002. Item #014302
Originally published in France in 1745, this is the first English translation of the book by Boffrand, who was considered to be of the major and greatly talented French architects of the early 18th century. Among his projects are town and country houses for the upper classes and also mines, bridges, and hospitals. With a critical introduction and notes by van Eck. First English edition. 26 cm; pp. xxxii, 106; illustrated from engravings. Short closed tear to top edge of dust jacket; else a very good copy or better in ivory boards.