Owings Mills: Watermark, 1991. First Edition. Soft Cover. Very Good. Item #014666
A monograph on the W. 73rd St. building designed in 1927 by Clinton & Russell. The building is a chronicle of the fortunes, and lack of, of the Upper West Side; built in the 20's by prosperous Masons as a club house/hotel until the Depression when it became a residential hotel and eventually an SRO. Bought in 1976 by Phoenix House to house recovering addicts, eventually vacated and turned into condos in 1984. Surviving and restored decorative elements of the lobby, etc. documented. First edition. 23 cm; 183 pp.; illustrated from photographs, plans, and drawings. Ink number to title page; crease to front wrapper; else a very good copy in wrappers.